HIS VOICE TODAY

September 23, 2016
Let go of the Past
Luke 9:62
                   And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

I was discussing with a friend some time ago and I said to her by the spirit, "see, you can't dwell in the past and expect a future."
It was later I discovered that, that was a word from the Lord speaking to my moment.
Most of us Christians are lacking the hand of God in our lives, we wonder why and some say 'ah, Lord, but I believe, I have faith, I fast, I pray, I pay my tithe,but why is my business not doing well, why is my heaven not opened, why all these calamities in my life?', And God is simply
telling them, 'son, daughter, you cannot dwell in the past and expect a future'.

Some of us are holding on to someone who wronged us, some are holding on to the guilt of past sin (which God had forgiven already), some to the fear of past failure, no no no no, it doesn't work that way, you can't advance to the front with your head facing the back.
The reason some ladies are not married already is because they are still holding on to the memory of past betrayal they experienced. The reason behind some people's stagnation is that unforgivness in their heart towards someone who did them wrong. You have to let these things go in order to enjoy progress.
Let the past be past and enjoy fresh dimensions of open heavens.


Remember this: Even the all powerful God cannot operate until the past is forgotten
                             Isaiah 43:18-19 [18]Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.[19]Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth.....

Assignment:

  • Search your life by the Holy Spirit and let go of anything relating to bad past experiences.
  • Forgive whoever wronged you
  • Erase all your fears of yesterday.
PRAYER:
Lord , I permit you to do new things in my life from today, in Jesus's Name.

Comments

Popular Posts